Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Chill

You are not connected. Please login or register

The GameBoy Turns 20.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The GameBoy Turns 20. Empty The GameBoy Turns 20. Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Purin64

Purin64
Admin

On July 31st the original GameBoy turns twenty years old. It's amazing that portable gaming is still as much fun as it ever was. Although Nintendo and it's boy were not the first portable system, they were the first to reach incredible sales numbers, and with over 44.06 million units sold. That's a lot of boys in the house. The GameBoy was a smash hit, with games that led it into stardom such as: Super Mario Land and the game that is still being played to this and is loved by all kids and adults, Tetris.

The GameBoy has always been there for me. When I was younger the GameBoy Colour was the first portable gaming system I owned. I remember playing hours upon hours of Super Mario Land 1 and 2, Wario Land 3, Tetris, Dr. Mario, Kid Icarus, and Kirby. The GameBoy lasted a whole decade with small updates like the GameBoy Pocket, and Colour. Eventually Nintendo needed to keep up with the advanced gaming, and what better way to show that they were advanced than to call their newest success: The GameBoy Advanced (and SP).

The GameBoy was an all time favorite of mine. Today you can always catch me playing my Nintendo DS Lite and DSi. Some days though I go back to my old grey block and rack up my high score on Tetris and see how fast I can beat Super Mario Land. Happy 20th GameBoy!

~Steve

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/noteblocks-just-chill

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum